Sunday, December 6, 2009

District Wide Information

Community Book Sale
Thank you to all for your support with the Community Book Sale. This sale is open until 8 PM on Monday and closes at noon on Tuesday.

F.I.L.M. http://www.trulymovingpictures.org/FILM/Pages/default.aspx
Finding Inspiration in Literature & Movies is a website that I've added to the Websites to check out! F.I.L.M. is a movie curricula program for youth promoting literacy, activity-based learning and service. Its focus is the development and distribution of free curricula based on Truly Moving Picture Award-winning films to channel positive messages and life-affirming themes into the minds and lives of youth. Check it out!

3 comments:

N. Eben said...

Thanks for sharing! This will be good to have on hand for days when you unexpectedly need a sub and want something meaningful to do in your class but don't have time to prep. Cool site!

Rebecca K. said...

I always enjoy getting new ideas for my students. Thanks for sharing.

Alison Krysel said...

Diane, thank you for sharing this website with us! I have shown Freedom Writers to some of my students in the past and I wish I would have had this guide to follow. I added it to my favorites. There are a few titles on here that I am now thinking about using. Literature can be so powerful to use in the classroom, I really enjoy it. I love this time saving site, very neat!