Sunday, August 21, 2011

District Wide Information

Welcome back to school!

This is my third year posting weekly on the Marshall Media Info Bits blog.  I use this as a way to share information and new ideas to use in the classroom.  I post every Sunday night and send out an email remainder to check out my new posting.

This week I will be adding new teacher names to the digital video library that the district subscribes to called Learn360.  I will send more information via email to new teachers about this terrific resource.

Digital Storytelling
http://prezi.com/wjf0n4to97ck/digital-storytelling-for-communities/
Digital Storytelling is a way to combine telling a story with photos, background music and technology to present a short 3-5 minute video.  This sounds like a great way for students to share with their parents and our community the exciting learning opportunities happening in classrooms.  It is also a great way for students to share individually or in small groups what they are learning.  If you are interested in exploring digital storytelling let me know if you would like me to work with you!

1 comment:

Krista Bjella said...

We just learned about these in graduate school this summer! They are such a neat way to organize a presentation.