Sunday, February 23, 2014

District Wide Information - Wow! I just realized that this is my 200th post on this blog.

I Love to Read Month 

I Love to Read Month is almost over, March Madness is just around the corner, April testing season is fast approaching and we are on the heels of promoting summer reading!  I always tell classes that just because I Love to Read Month is celebrated in the month of February, we should love to read everyday all year long forever and always.  I found Tips to Help Promote a Love of Reading 8 Apps to Introduce Reading and The Tangible Benefits of Reading (Real) Books to Kids to share this week.  Although these articles focus on promoting reading for preschool and elementary aged kids, it is important to glean simple tips to help all students (K-12) develop a love for reading.  There are many fabulous books out there!  Encourage reading, model reading, promote reading!

I just realized that I forgot this site...
Book Love Foundation

More Info about OneDrive (SkyDrive)

As teachers move their documents and files to OneDrive, know that with this free account each account has 7G in storage.  It is recommended that OneDrive is used primarily for documents rather than pictures and videos or SMARTBoard Lessons that tend to be much larger in size.  A suggestion is that teachers can open a "personal" OneDrive account to allow for more storage (another 7G of storage). 

Students, in contrast, have OneDrive (SkyDrive) through their Office365 email accounts.  They get 25G of storage with this.  




No comments: